Sweetie Pies: Strive These 4 Dessert Pizza Recipes!
- How candy it’s to notch up increased income by providing low-cost dessert pizzas in your menu.
- Seasonal substances might be leveraged to develop limited-time specialty pies that may give your visitors a sugar buzz.
By Tracy Morin
Associated: 3 causes so as to add gluten-free desserts to your pizzeria’s menu
Positive, savory pies are in all probability the spine of your online business, however in case you’re not already tapping into the various methods during which your key staple—pizza crust—can be utilized for decadent desserts, you’re lacking out. And if you’re already providing an array of dessert pizzas, why not change issues up with a couple of new recipes in your arsenal? Put a few of these on particular, make them your individual by including seasonal substances, market their limited-time-only nature, and watch them fly off the menu.
Christmas Danish Pizza
Recipe offered by chef Brad Kent, founding father of Blaze Pizza (created for Carbon pizza ovens)
- 220g dough ball
- 3 tbsp. turbinado sugar
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- 1 c. raspberries (or fruit of your alternative)
- 1 c. pomegranate seeds
- 5 rosemary leaves, for garnish
- 16 oz. ricotta, whole-milk
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest (from about ½ lemon)
- 1 c. sugar, granulated
Preheat the oven to 600°F. Add all filling substances to a bowl, combine to mix and put aside. Stretch the dough ball right into a 12”-by-6” rectangular form. Brush the perimeter of the crust with extra-virgin olive oil and sprinkle the perimeter generously with turbinado sugar. Unfold 100g of the sweetened ricotta on the middle of the dough. High with the fruit of your alternative (strive cranberries, sliced stone fruit, raspberries, blueberries, and many others.) and place within the oven. Flip the pizza very persistently; watch to make sure the sugar melts with out burning. Prepare dinner so long as attainable to maximise the sugar caramelization earlier than it burns. Take away the pizza and place on a rack to let cool. Minimize and mud with powdered sugar. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe offered by Sean Ferraro, proprietor, Madison Avenue Pizza, Dunedin, FL
- 595g (21-oz.) dough ball for 18” pizza
- 256g (1½ c.) mini milk chocolate chips
- 230g (3 c.) mini marshmallows
- 170g (about 11 double crackers) honey graham crackers
- 40g (2 oz. by quantity) marshmallow topping (if ready marshmallow topping is just not out there, skinny out Marshmallow Fluff with sizzling water till pourable)
- 80g (2 oz. by quantity) chocolate syrup
- 20g (1 oz. by quantity) business liquid butter different or room-temperature melted butter
Crush graham crackers into medium-small items and put aside. Stretch the dough ball into an 18” pizza. Evenly pour the liquid butter onto the dough pores and skin. Evenly unfold the graham crackers throughout the crust. Evenly unfold the marshmallows and chocolate chips on high of the graham crackers. Bake till the chocolate is melted and the marshmallows start to brown, being cautious to not burn the marshmallows or graham crackers. After the pizza is finished baking, minimize and drizzle the chocolate syrup and marshmallow topping excessive.
Tropical Fruit Pizza
Recipe offered by Lee Jackson, RD, The Wholesome Cooking Weblog and Holly Clegg cookbooks
- 1 (18-oz.) roll of refrigerated ready-to-slice sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 c. sugar
- 1 (8-oz.) package deal fat-free cream cheese
- 1 tsp. coconut extract
- 1½ tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 c. fat-free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (26-oz.) jar mango slices, drained, or 1 contemporary mango, sliced
- 1 (16-oz.) can pineapple slices, drained, or 1 contemporary pineapple, sliced
- 1 (11-oz.) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- ¼ c. apricot preserves
- 1 tbsp. orange liqueur or orange juice
- 2 tbsp. coconut, toasted (optionally available)
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Press the cookie dough right into a 12” to 14” pizza pan coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes and funky fully. In a medium mixing bowl, mix collectively the sugar, cream cheese and coconut extract till well-mixed. Stir within the orange rind and whipped topping, mixing till easy. Unfold the cream cheese combination on high of the cooled crust. Organize mango slices across the fringe of the iced pizza. Organize a roll of pineapple slices across the edge, then organize the mandarin orange slices in one other ring to fill the middle of the pizza. In a small saucepan or in a microwave, warmth the apricot preserves and orange liqueur or juice simply till melted. Spoon this glaze over the fruit. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired. Refrigerate till serving. Suggestion: Be inventive and substitute your favourite fruits, or no matter is in season. Makes 12 servings.
Apple, Brie and Brown Sugar Pizza
Recipe offered by Lee Jackson
- 1 (13.8-oz) refrigerated pizza crust
- 4 oz. Brie, rind eliminated, thinly sliced
- 1 massive baking apple, peeled, cored and thinly sliced (strive Granny Smith)
- 3 tbsp. chopped pecans
- 3 tbsp. mild brown sugar
- ½ tsp. floor cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 450°F. On high of the pizza crust, organize Brie and apple slices concentrically across the crust. In a small bowl, combine collectively the remaining substances and sprinkle the combination over the apples. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or till the cheese is melted and the apples are tender. Slice and serve. Makes 8 slices.
Tracy Morin is PMQ’s senior copy editor and the editor of PizzaVegan.com.