Iconic Ono’s Pizza Store Up for Sale on Lake Michigan
Ono’s Pizza was a Lake Michigan landmark for greater than half a century. Now the lakefront pizzeria is up on the market in Gary, Indiana, the place it stays beloved even after closing for good in 2016.
Often known as Ono’s and Jo’s, the restaurant’s location is adjoining to Lake Michigan Seashore and Indiana Dunes State Park. Located on the southern shores of Lake Michigan and surrounded by Nationwide Lake Shore Park simply 35 minutes from Chicago, it has been utterly renovated.
The pizza store and property are listed with Ayers Realty. Click on right here to be taught extra.
Josie Rizzo opened Ono’s and Jo’s because the Seashore Field within the Fifties. She named it partially after her brother, Onofrio. Salvatore “Sam” Rizzo continued working it till he handed away in 2016, in response to the Instances of Northwest Indiana.
“The old-school pizzeria has lived on in reminiscence,” the Instances studies. “The landmark eatery is depicted in work, photographs and prints on the close by Miller Faculty Outlets in downtown Miller.”
The property consists of:
- A totally renovated pizza and concession store with a three-way liquor license and all permits. The pizza store has an computerized roll-up, walk-up window for serving beachgoers.
- A 250-square-foot summer season cottage furnished with TV, bar and fridge that may host non-public events. It gives seating for 12.
- A 1,144-square-foot eating room with seating for 25 and a public lavatory, bar, fridges and area for dwell music.
- A big lot with out of doors seating and area for dwell music in addition to for a chilly beer or cocktail after an extended day on the seaside.
- A purple barn that can be utilized for storage in addition to a metal storage for a automobile or the storage of kit.
- The property consists of 5 buildings in all, making it a singular venue.
Paulette Cialdella, an electrician who hails from a household of pizza-makers, bought and restored the restaurant constructing and is placing it up on the market. “It was a labor of affection for me,” she instructed the Instances. “I simply needed to see this iconic place come again to life.”