Attempt These Artistic Specialty Pizza Concepts for Nationwide Pizza Month
- Nationwide Pizza Month is the right time to roll out and test-drive some new specialty pizza choices in your restaurant.
- Take into consideration loopy topping concepts or discover new types, like Detroit-style and Chicago’s well-known stuffed-crust feast.
Associated: 9 enjoyable, simple promotions for Nationwide Pizza Month 2022
By Mark Plumlee
It’s not simply pie within the sky—October is Nationwide Pizza Month, and that creates a chance for pizzeria operators and their culinary groups to get artistic within the kitchen. You may even stumble on some new recipes that might make it onto the everlasting menu.
As a brand new 12 months approaches, Nationwide Pizza Month is an effective time to take a better take a look at your pizza menu and determine what’s making you cash and what’s simply taking over area. Including specialty pizzas will help entice new clients, earn social media mentions, and doubtlessly enhance gross sales. Hold studying for some wow-worthy concepts for artistic pizzas so as to add to your menu!
One of many best methods to uplevel your pizza choices? Sudden toppings. Moreover the classics like cheese, pepperoni, sausage and peppers, contemplate including some crazier topping choices to the combination. Listed below are simply 4 concepts for offbeat toppings that truly work:
- Clams: Clams on pizza may sound unusual to some of us, however clients clamor for bivalve-topped pies from New Haven’s Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana. Their white clam pie, which additionally options mozzarella, garlic, oregano and olive oil, is the stuff of legend. In 2020, it was even named the most effective pizza within the U.S.
- Common Tso’s Rooster: Pizza or Chinese language takeout? Why resolve? Lakeville, Massachusetts eatery Baldies Craft Pizzeria provides a preferred connoisseur pizza referred to as “The Common Tso,” made with Common Tso sauce, fried rooster, broccoli and roasted crimson peppers.
- Candy Potatoes: Candy potatoes aren’t only for Thanksgiving casseroles. At Federal Pizza in Phoenix, it’s a prime-time pizza topping when paired with ricotta, sage and chives.
- Edible Glitter: Sure, you learn that proper. All that glitters can be gold if you happen to comply with the instance of DagWoods in Santa Monica, California. DagWood’s signature pie will get sprinkled with unicorn-style edible glitter in a rainbow palette. The eatery debuted the pizza, referred to as the Magical AF, throughout LGBTQ Delight Month in 2018, and it’s been the topic of numerous social media posts from influencers and on a regular basis company alike ever since.
Want extra off-the-wall pizza topping concepts? Right here’s an inventory of seven loopy pizza topping concepts, like crickets, edible flowers and black-eyed peas.
Pizza for breakfast is nice. However then once more, so are bacon and eggs. Breakfast pizza is the most effective of each worlds. It may be served as a specialty brunch merchandise or as an all-day menu merchandise. At Philadelphia’s Uncle Oogie’s Pizza, breakfast pizzas make up a complete part of the menu. Diners can select from a fundamental egg-and-cheese pie, a Western omelet-inspired selection, or a meaty tour de pressure referred to as the Junkyard Canine Breakfast Pizza—a sq. pie with bacon, sausage, pork roll, ham, eggs and American cheese.
How a few private pizza made on pita bread? It’s a factor, and it’s one of many greatest attracts at in style NYC eatery Moustache. Prospects can get piping-hot pitas topped with conventional pizza toppings or varieties with a Center Jap aptitude, just like the Lahambajin, a scrumptious, spiced ground-lamb pie with onion and parsley, or the Kishik Pitza, which is topped with scallions, tomatoes, crimson bell peppers, chilis, cilantro and sun-dried yogurt.
This pizza type has caught hearth across the nation, and it actually is sort of spectacular. Kind of a deep-dish pie however not fairly, it’s a sq. pizza baked in seasoned rectangular pans with a crispy, caramelized crust and stripes of sauce ladled on high of the Wisconsin brick cheese and toppings. The type has taken off outdoors of the Motor Metropolis—as of late, Detroit-style pizza will be discovered at eating places like Lions & Tigers & Squares in New York Metropolis and MOTO in Seattle, to not point out PMQ’s current cowl star, Sq. Pie Guys in San Francisco and Oakland.
Sq. Pie Guys: Hip to be Sq.
You’ve heard of pizza pie—how about pizza cake? First popularized within the blogosphere a number of years in the past, a pizza cake consists with stacked layers of pizza dough, cheese, sauce and pepperoni. Your complete stack is encircled with extra dough so it stays put whereas baking. Slice into it, and it seems to be like a layer cake, however the taste is pure pizza perfection. One factor’s for certain: It is a cake your clients gained’t neglect any time quickly!
Right here’s one other intelligent solution to serve pizza that’s good for to-go orders. A pizza cone is simply what it feels like: your whole favourite pizza toppings, sauce and cheese baked right into a portion of dough that’s original right into a cone. What’s to not love? They’re ooey, gooey and no utensils wanted! Plus, they’re insanely photogenic, making them an ideal contender on your advertising and marketing supplies, comparable to flyers and social media posts.
Considered one of Chicago’s three distinctive types, stuffed-crust pizza revolutionized the world of pizza when it made its debut at Giordano’s in 1974 (though it was most likely invented by Rocco Palese, cofounder of Nancy’s Pizzeria, additionally within the Windy Metropolis). It’s a featured attraction at Chicago joints like Angelo’s Stuffed Pizza and Doreen’s Pizzeria. Stuffing a pizza crust is so simple as stretching the crust somewhat additional than ordinary, then rolling it over some mozzarella, which then melts within the oven. Who may resist all that gooey cheese?
Positive, some enterprising eating places have been recognized to drop desserts proper on high of a standard pizza. Nonetheless, for a extra palatable dessert variation, contemplate assembling pizzas totally out of candy components. As an example, bananas foster pizza made with a caramelly rum-and-banana topping would definitely make for a pleasant dessert slice! For extra concepts, take a look at this nice dessert pizza roundup.
Associated recipe: Pizza Siciliano with Nutella
Any means you slice it, Nationwide Pizza Month is the right time to improve your restaurant’s pizza choices. Contemplate attempting out a few of these artistic pizzas to have a good time the business’s greatest month. However bear in mind, these concepts are just the start—the sky’s the restrict relating to dreaming up artistic pies!
Mark Plumlee is a contract author whose articles have been revealed in Full Service Restaurant, Fashionable Restaurant Administration, Fast Service Restaurant, Hospitality Tech, That Oregon Life, The San Francisco Examiner, Blazersedge and different blogs. As a copywriter, he has helped eating places and small companies develop and outline their model for greater than 5 years.