Andrew Albert’s New Eatery Brings Again ‘Dallas-Fashion Pizza’
Andrew Albert, the proprietor of the now-closed but still-beloved Picasso’s Pizza & Grill, has introduced again what he calls “Dallas-style pizza” at his new restaurant in Plano, Texas.
Andrew’s American Pizza Kitchen opened in December, with a spread of pizza kinds in addition to pastas, burgers, entrees and sandwiches. On the pizza aspect, the menu options pies made within the Chicago, Detroit and New York kinds. However Albert, who co-owns the spacious, high-end pizzeria together with his spouse, Jennifer, and their son, Justin, is probably best-known for the Dallas type that he served at Picasso’s. That landmark spot operated for practically 30 years and had three areas within the Dallas/Fort Price space earlier than closing through the pandemic.
What precisely is Dallas-style pizza? Albert doesn’t delve too deeply into specifics. “The quick reply,” he instructed PMQ, is “a thin-crust pizza that has a beautiful dough and sauce that intensify the superb toppings of your alternative—recent, wholesome, inventive and scrumptious.”
“The lengthy reply: Dallas likes issues which can be high-quality and delightful,” Albert added. “Our Dallas-style pizza isn’t heavy. It doesn’t weigh you down. The phrases that come to thoughts while you see it and eat it are good, recent, high-quality, scrumptious, addictive and craveable—every little thing Dallas and its individuals are!”
Associated: Meet the advertising and marketing madman behind Scorching Tongue Pizza
Dallas-style highlights on the menu embody:
• The Triple ‘Roni (home pepperoni, grande pepperoni and pepperoni cups, topped with an in-house cheese mix)
• The So Candy, So Spicy (pepperoni, Italian sausage, crimson onion, pickled jalapeños, and pineapple)
• The Florentine di Pollo (home made Alfredo sauce, smoked rooster breast, Roma tomatoes, recent spinach and artichoke hearts with a ricotta, spinach and garlic stuffed Florentine crust)
• The My Favourite Pizza (candy Italian sausage crumble, grande pepperoni, mushrooms and white onion with pressed garlic and shallots on a crimson wine marinara, topped with jack, brick and mozzarella cheeses)
However that is America, the place distinctive pizza kinds have sprung up from coast to coast, and clients can pattern essentially the most well-known ones in a single cease at Albert’s new eatery. In truth, Andrew’s American Pizza Kitchen wants three ovens to cowl all of them.
“That was the problem, the idea to see if we might do unbelievable genuine variations of a U.S. tour of pizza sorts,” Albert stated. “Three years of learning, journeys, analysis and trial and error went into this. That’s after 30 years of constructing Dallas-style and Chicago at [Picasso’s].”
Associated: Mister 01, recognized for star-shaped pizzas, opens retailer No. 2 in Texas
Notably noteworthy is Albert’s tackle the Chicago deep-dish traditional. Deep-dish aficionados know that’s the form of pie you don’t order if you happen to’re in a rush. However Albert stated he can bake a deep-dish pizza in simply six minutes. “With out freely giving commerce secrets and techniques,” he stated, the quick turnaround time may be attributed to “a brand new twist on the next wind-speed impingement oven.”
“It really takes two several types of ovens to complete the Detroit and Chicago [pizzas],” he added. “Prepare dinner time is below 10 minutes, and inside temperature is flaming, and cheese pull is achieved.”
Three Chicago deep-dish specialty choices are provided:
• The Chicago Hearth (ricotta cheese, spinach, artichokes, mushrooms, recent mozzarella and Chicago sauce on prime)
• The Chicago Cub Traditional (additional cheese and candy Italian sausage)
• The Chicago Bear (candy Italian sausage, pepperoni, freshly floor chuck, candy white onion, recent mushrooms and inexperienced peppers)
Within the temper for a bit of Motown? Albert’s Detroit-style pizza is served in an oblong pan and made with genuine brick cheese and a home made Detroit-style sauce. Specialty choices embody:
• The Detroit Rock Metropolis (Wisconsin brick and asiago cheeses, grande deli pepperoni, white onion, recent mushrooms and Canadian bacon)
• The Detroit 8 Mile (layers of pepperoni and salami, candy Italian sausage and floor chuck)
• The Detroit Motown (artichoke hearts, garlic, recent spinach, mushrooms, candy white onion, sea salt, cracked pepper and basil)
In the meantime, the tavern-style pizza boasts the prerequisite crispy skinny crust and diced toppings all the way in which to the perimeters. Specialty pies embody:
• The Kitchen Sink (pepperoni, beef, sausage, mushrooms, crimson onion, inexperienced peppers, tomatoes, black olives, jalapeños and pineapple)
• The Tavern Meat Combo (crumbled Italian sausage, pepperoni cups, Canadian bacon and freshly floor chuck)
Lastly, clients can dig into massive, foldable slices within the New York type, together with:
• The Neapolitan Plus (wood-fired plum tomatoes, Fior Di Latte, basil, olive oil, recent mozzarella, pepperoni, Italian sausage crumble, mushrooms and white onion)
• The Brooklyn Supreme (pepperoni, beef, sausage, mushrooms, crimson onion, inexperienced peppers, tomatoes and black olives)
Along with small plates and appetizers (assume home made meatballs, calamari and wings), Andrew’s American Pizza Kitchen provides pasta dishes like Spaghetti Bolognese, Fettucine Alfredo, Lasagna Classica, Shrimp Scampi and others.
Objects from the grill function high-quality cuts of meat fire-grilled over hickory wooden. Standouts embody the Grilled Pork Chop served BBQ type or with herb butter, the Salt & Pepper Ribeye, and Grilled Salmon. Burgers and sandwiches embody the Hickory Burger (sauteed onion, American cheese and hickory sauce, served with bread-and-butter pickles); the Ribeye Philly Cheesesteak (shaved prime ribeye with sauteed onions and peppers, topped with provolone and white American cheese); and the Caprese Soften (sourdough bread with pesto, Roma tomatoes, onions and Fior Di Latte, served with garlic aioli on the aspect).
The primary eating room spans 5,000 sq. toes and seats 200, whereas an 800-square-foot patio has room for 50.
“At Andrew’s, we need to have one thing for everybody and, with providing 5 totally different kinds of pizza, we hope each visitor feels they obtained precisely what they have been craving after they stroll out the door,” Albert stated.