- Make 2022 the very best 12 months ever for Nationwide Pizza Month by getting inventive each within the kitchen and in your advertising and marketing technique.
- Begin by reaching out to your native TV information staff and arranging to make a pizza on-air or host a battle of the TV information anchors at your restaurant.
Associated: Legendary Totonno’s has a brand new marketing strategy: frozen pizzas
Make 2022 the 12 months you’re taking full benefit of Nationwide Pizza Month in October. Practically everybody loves pizza, and October provides them an excuse to eat a variety of it. Listed below are 9 promotional potentialities in your pizzeria:
1. Make some information! Your native TV reporter is all the time on the lookout for some lighter information to report. Your plans for Nationwide Pizza Month could possibly be simply what the reporter is on the lookout for. First, you’ve bought to succeed in out to the station—don’t simply count on them to listen to about your plans by means of word-of-mouth. Take the initiative. Name the reporter or station supervisor and supply to drop off some free pizzas. When you’ve attached with the appropriate individual, ask if you may make a pizza stay on the air. Or invite the anchors to affix you at your restaurant for a pizza-making class. One other chance: In the event you’re in a serious TV market with a number of TV stations, problem the information, sports activities and climate anchors to a celeb cook-off for Nationwide Pizza Month!
Getting featured on native TV information is less complicated than you assume. Simply make sure that to indicate up for the shoot totally ready, with all of the components you’ll have to make your pizza and a short however memorable spiel about why your pies are the very best on the town.
2. Get inventive together with your giveaways. Close to the tip of September, announce that you simply’ll be randomly giving freely a pizza day-after-day in October to somebody who has signed up in your loyalty program. It’s an effective way to usher in extra orders, construct up your rewards program and collect buyer data. You may also promote a pizza occasion giveaway on social media. Pizza Pizza, a Canadian chain, celebrated its fiftieth anniversary in October 2017 with a gonzo Fb contest that generated 635 reactions, 709 feedback and 202 shares. To win a $150 present card for a pizza occasion, followers needed to tag 5 buddies they might invite to the blowout and describe the pizzas they might order. In your giveaway contest, create a hashtag to spice up your publicity and select high-quality images and video footage to attract eyeballs to your submit.
3. Be cool to your colleges. Faculty has began again all around the nation by now. And lots of lecturers are on the lookout for discipline journey alternatives which might be each enjoyable and enlightening. There’s quite a bit you are able to do for younger discipline trippers. Allow them to make their very own easy pies, for starters, and supply some instructional data about how the important thing components are grown. For youthful teams, present them with supplies for a pizza artwork contest, select a winner and have all of their art work in your pizzeria’s partitions. This might even be a superb time to announce one other promotion: a free small pizza for each child who will get all As on their report playing cards! In the event you go this route, make sure that to take images when the children are available and submit the pics on social media (with the dad and mom’ permission, after all).
4. Submit a brand new video day-after-day. It doesn’t need to be super-polished; in truth, the extra “actual” it feels, the higher. You possibly can characteristic your staff and allow them to speak about their hobbies, their youngsters, why they love their job or why your pizza is the very best. You may also present the steps of constructing certainly one of your hottest (or worthwhile) pizzas—present it being made, going into the oven and popping out of the oven. Submit these movies in your TikTok account or as an Instagram Reel—and there’s no regulation that claims you possibly can’t do each! Frankly, it’s best to!
5. Supply pizza/wine pairings for the grownups. In the event you’re not all that wine-savvy, right here’s an thought: pair sure pies with Sauvignon Blanc. Tomato sauce and cheese lie on the coronary heart of pizza’s delicious flavors, and Sauvignon Blanc enhances each. Sauvignon Blanc’s ahead fruit/herb character enhances the herb-infused flavors of tomato sauce, whereas its crisp acidity serves as a foil to the richness of the cheese. However select your pizzas rigorously. A easy tomato, basil and cheese Margherita pizza is heavenly with Sauvignon Blanc, as is a pineapple and ham-topped Hawaiian pizza. A veggie pizza can also be spectacular, and one topped with goat cheese is an expertise to savor. However there are just a few pizzas for which Sauvignon Blanc merely isn’t a superb match. A pizza with a spicy topping like sausage, pepperoni or barbecued rooster can overwhelm Sauvignon Blanc, whereas one which includes a candy tomato sauce makes Sauvignon Blanc style bitter. For the latter instances, contemplate a pleasant Zinfandel.
6. Maintain a recipe contest. Utilizing the social media platform(s) of your alternative, invite prospects to explain their dream pie and the components that may go on it. Slim down the entries to the highest three or prime 5 finalists and supply these pizzas all through the month. The pizza that will get probably the most orders makes the everlasting menu or might be featured as a recurring LTO. Consider using the winner’s title because the pizza’s title—as within the Lisa Smith or the John Taylor. Everybody who is aware of that individual will wish to order it.
7. Showcase your regionally grown components. Right here’s certainly one of our favourite promotions on this vein: Again in October 2017, Smoky Mountain Pizzeria & Grill milked Nationwide Pizza Month for all it’s price by celebrating native dairy farmers. For choose pizza deliveries, dairy farmer Clint Jackson confirmed up on prospects’ doorsteps in Eagle, Idaho, with a 500-pound jersey heifer named Josie. Since Smoky Mountain makes use of solely Idaho cheese on its pies, it was a headline-grabbing method to honor native suppliers whereas additionally producing unbelievable word-of-mouth. In the event you can’t borrow any individual’s cow, you possibly can nonetheless collaborate together with your native growers to provide you with some enjoyable concepts. Ensure that to advertise their meats, cheeses and produce in your social media posts and have them in movies to lift their native profile!
8. Present your love for animals. Commit your complete month to elevating funds for a neighborhood animal shelter and inspiring pet adoptions. Submit images of canines, cats and different critters in want of adoption in your social media. If the climate’s not too chilly in your a part of the nation and also you supply out of doors eating, additionally take into consideration internet hosting a Pups on the Patio occasion. Supply treats in your prospects’ pets and particular offers for the two-legged varieties.
9. Host a Halloween costume occasion. You don’t have to attend for Halloween evening to have fun this child favourite. You’ll be a lot busy that evening anyway. As a substitute, plan it for mid-October or one week earlier than the vacation, when the kids are already getting excited concerning the vacation. Give away free slices to each child who exhibits up in costume, plus free sweet. Make it a fancy dress contest and provides away a prize, similar to a free pizza occasion, to the winner. Supply pumpkin-carving contests, too! Ask dad and mom for permission to characteristic all the lovable youngsters’ photos in your social media platform, and shoot movies as properly.